Touran door cards and Caddy window mechs

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ambrose2KN
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Touran door cards and Caddy window mechs

Post by Ambrose2KN »

Hi all, still not able to acess the whole forum so just fishing here for some advice.

I have a 2010 ex-bg caddy and it came with electric windows. I want to swap the door cards for touran ones but im wondering if the touran cars fit directly over my caddy window mechsnism and i assume the window switch will be identical so just plug in,... or if i need to get the tourans window mechanism as well as the door cards? (Although this seems a bit unlikely, just wanted to check before buying doorcards that wont be a straight swap!)

Thanks!
1.9TDi 104bhp BLS, Ex-BG LWB Cargo.
cantfindthegenepool
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Touran door cards and Caddy window mechs

Post by cantfindthegenepool »

Yes they'll fit fine, You'll just need to profile the top of the tourans card where the wing mirrors sit as there a different shape slightly
use the original caddy loom as the touran window plug is different if its a 4 way window switch

Done this to my own van as it had electric windows and mirrors already fitted so it was just a straight door card swap
2.0 Tfsi 6 Spd Coilovers & Axle Flip Touran Rear Seat Touran Dash Swap Setup Touran Center Console Corbeau wingbacks DRL Headlights