Selling tips

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
theredaaron
Caddy2k Groupie

Selling tips

Post by theredaaron »

As per my other post, if the cost of keeping my Caddy Maxi for another year proves too high then I will sell it.

What are the best options for selling these days? I haven't sold a car for many years so I'm completely out of touch and I expect there are options that are more suited to something semi converted.

It's a 2016 ex BG 2L 90k with A/C and solar/leisure battery and inverter + floor deadened, insulated and single piece floating ply + deadened everywhere else in the back and about 3/4 of the way insulated.

How do you even begin to value something that's had this kind of work done to it?

Thanks
PJD
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Selling tips

Post by PJD »

Auto trader
Sell as a van not their motorhome listing.

In your listing mention the electric as being suitable for a leisure vehicle, for e biking, fishing camping or charging power tools, to maximise the number of potential purchasers.

Realistically you can expect £500 over similar non-converted vehicles, clearly not the cost you have invested. Though no harm starting your listing for more!

Sell with a fresh oil service and years MOT if you want near trade seller price.

If it has good service history then document this. I go through what paperwork I have, no matter how trivial on a spreadsheet, so that it is in chronological order and add a photo to the listing plus one of the paperwork.