Hook locks

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Hook locks

Post by Corkie »

Hi I'm looking to buy hook locks for my 2017 caddy,does anybody have experience installing these please
Birds cars beer!
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Hook locks

Post by Lockstock »

get a professional to do it. 100%.
it's not much money overall and if you do it badly you will get rust and will like like absolute sh Ite..
If you're down south, Sussex Installations are good. But lots of good installers all over
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corkie »

£400 or £200 I'm pretty good with tricky things and bad at the easy things :D
Birds cars beer!
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

if you are happy to try yourself, knock yourself out. You'll need approximately £250-£450in tools to get it done right, in the form of a decent drill, die grinder and/or suitable angle grinder.
you will also need a decent rivet gun.

There are some videos showing what's required. Make sure you get a suitable lock case, cut at the right angle and have the correctly sized half euro cylinders. If you buy the right kit for your van the sizing might be taken care of for you.

Make sure you use a suitable rust treatment on any cut metal edges before and after fitting or you will get rust. Also make sure you have good vacuum extraction to get any cut metal burrs, as if these fall inside the door cavity they will cause rust in the bottom of the door and could also block rain drainage holes.

Let us know how you get on, could be a good how to with photos 👍
Corkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corkie »

Thanks,I have all the tools including a dremel,good tip on the metal filings I didn't think of that so thanks.
Birds cars beer!
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

Re metal filings ....
Sometimes ago I saw a YT video where the guy put a donut style magnet (obviously with a big enough hole etc) around the area where he wanted to drill... Any filings that were created were attracted to the magnet and made for easy clean up
Could help in your situation 👍