Mark 5 tailgate not opening

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
bob76
Caddy2k Groupie

Mark 5 tailgate not opening

Post by bob76 »

Hi

My Caddy Mk5 tailgate isn't opening and I get the following code in ODB11: b140b29 Release button in rear lid handle implausible signal.
Does anyone have an ideas how to fix it?

I thought I'd try releasing the latch from the inside but the panel can't be removed by just undoing the plastic screws due to the plastic housing on the top and bottom, the bottom of which can only be removed when the tailgate is open.

Alternatively does anyone know the exact position of the release lever so I can hole cut the tailgate panel in the correct location?

Thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mark 5 tailgate not opening

Post by Doc »

Does OBD11 have an "Output test" like VCDS? Maybe you can release the tailgate without the input from the handle some way and save cutting into the plastic panel.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
bob76
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Mark 5 tailgate not opening

Post by bob76 »

Turns out the seals had gone on the handle. Bought an OEM replacement and was very easy to change. All good now.