Mk4 Blackberry build

Show off your caddy
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Mk4 Blackberry build

Post by Adwano »

Picked up a blackberry caddy after looking for months for the colour and certain spec with heated windscreen etc.

Now to start the fun bit of making a few changes and getting the van looking a bit better

Started with just a clean this week removing the ply lining that had been screwed to the floor annoyingly. Whoever had the van before me must have carried nothing but building materials and sand crazy dirty through the van

After a quick clean out starting to look slightly better, will need a better clean before the sound deadening and insulation go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Adwano on Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Mk4 Blackberry build

Post by Adwano »

Now to start looking at the ply lining holes, a fair few in van floor one in each arch and some in the walls. Plan to fill these and paint over and seal underneath to stop the rust creeping in once ply lined

Ground back the paint around the holes to remove the rust out and remove the burrs so I can have a flat floor again once ply lined need to do something with the rest of the scratches too.Image

Planning to ply line and use the d-rings to hold down the new floor over the dodo mat super liner.

Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

Finishing off the back on hold this weekend as my replacement seats arrived. Set of Audi S5 super sports so I can have heated seats and electric movement

Big thanks to Stan the man for the wiring looms for my seats had them all done in no time and shipped over to me.

Possibly picked the coldest day of the year to start putting the seats in yesterday but couldn’t wait to get them in

Got a bit more work to do on the passenger side as the heated element and lumbar is working but the movement of the seat doesn’t seem to be.

3rdLeg
100BHP+

Post by 3rdLeg »

Fair play for holding out for the spec you wanted; always liked the VW dark purples since the Mk2 Golf G60 and Corrado back in the day.

Be interested to see how you tackle the screw holes as I’ve gotta couple to sort out as well. Bloody savages going straight into the metal!?!
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

It's got a lot of miles around the 145k mark but I was looking for the spec and colour and a newer reg to give me a good base to build from and swap the engine once it decides to give up (hopefully a while)

VW really used to do some great colours but find some a bit boring on their latest cars.

Plan to grind away the top layers of rust and then use a rust converter to get rid of any I miss and give me a prepped surface to work from. Fill the holes with an epoxy and then anti rust primer and paint with same paint code paint I ordered. Then underneath add an extra layer of an underseal and hope that fixes any chipped away underseal from factory that the screws wrecked. Be nice if I didn't need to do that but looks like a fair few people on here have had the same problems :roll:
N23BRK
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by N23BRK »

Love the colour, stupid question but seats on standard runners?
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

On Touran bases mate and then the updated m10 bolts to fix the seat to the new bases instead of the m8 in the old caddy bases I took out.

Had to grind the locating pin off of 1 side on each audi seat and then bolted in no problem once connectors coupled up
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Loving the colour 😍

Think I’ll keep an eye on this thread 😁
2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

Hopefully the thread should get a bit more interesting soon got a few things planned.

Looking to pick up a new set of wheels in a bronze colour soon still deciding on the style unsure on whether to go with something like rotiforms or neuspeed wheels.

Once those are fitted looking to get some 18z calipers fitted but need to decide on a colour any suggestions welcome!

Eventually will be mapped and new suspension fitted and a new roll at etc to improve the handling

Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

Weather has been shocking last couple weeks and not much time free but done a bit more of the sound deadening on the arches.

One small patch from both sides missing as need to fix the holes in the metal which will be once the weather gets a bit nicer

Might have used the dogs bed to save the knees while kneeling down to do the deadening Image

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

You’ve done a nice job on that sound deadening. It’s not ‘woof’ at all.

I’ll get me coat!

Rescue me from the swans in me
Nath&Alex
Caddy Fan

Post by Nath&Alex »

Any more progress? I’m interested in how you’re getting on? Beautiful in this colour 😍
2012 Caddy 1.6 TDI Match, lowered with Stance+ coilovers and 18“ John Brown steel wheels
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Mk4 Blackberry build

Post by Adwano »

the swan fiend wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:25 pm You’ve done a nice job on that sound deadening. It’s not ‘woof’ at all. Image
Comments like that are the reason I come on here :lol:

Been pretty slow progress deciding on parts and where I want to go with the build, ordered some new wing mirrors for power folding just need to source a switch and modules then get it all coded up. Got a side door rail on the way as well that needs to be fitted, luckily the guy selling the mirrors and rail could colour match to the blackberry so one less job, hopefully a good match.

Got a load of rust to sort on the side door lower rail where it has rubbed the paint which looks a bit of a pain to fix
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

Been away for a while fixing stuff on bikes and the car neglected the caddy a bit, but back with more parts and finally coated the alloys up with KKD revolve matte ready to be fit.
Decided to get some suspension first before fitting wheels whilst I’d already have the wheels off, so ended up with the bilstein b14 kit from darkside and should come tomorrow in time for the weekend to get fitted on the drive. Hopefully the weather holds up
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

Todays project, making a start on this and try get everything swapped over and fitted