Tfsi caddy build

Show off your caddy
MWMRacing
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Tfsi caddy build

Post by MWMRacing »

Rtautos wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:13 pm If I don't remove the dash from the caddy will there not been parts of the loom running inside that I need to take out.

I am going to do the steering rack wiring tomorrow as it seems the easiest part and that as far as I can see looks to be running off inside the car ?
How did you go with the steering rack wiring? Some of the guys on the forum have said that they have done some conversions without removing the dash- but i suspect it will depend on the year of the caddy, diesel/petrol and whether additional modules need installation or not- once my caddy arrives im about to embark on the same journey.
2013 Caddy Runner- 66KW manual- 2007 SWB Diesel- currently being converted to TFSI
Rtautos
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rtautos »

Sorry for the late reply I will know very soon as I will be fitting the engine soon.

The rack I think is handy enough the two orange can wires I ran to the abs module black one to a ignition live (fuse) and the bigger brown to body earth red to main fuse able link

I have my full fuel system fitted I went with brand new vw as suggested on here all bolted right up

Most of the wiring for ecu and fuel pump module is done

New turbo fitted new timing belt and timing chain fitted so hopefull that it will be running soon
Rtautos
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rtautos »

I did not remove the dash (YET) :D but I can't see why I would need to as I can get to all relays and fuses inside and the gateway module if I have to end up running something to that.