Chunky wheels n Tyres

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Nosmokingthecheese
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Chunky wheels n Tyres

Post by Nosmokingthecheese »

Does anyone have any pics or suggestions for putting an all-terrain wheel and tyre package on a 2010 Caddy Maxi. I want rid of the ridiculous 18s I have so I might navigate farm lanes better. TA very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BogSpek
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Chunky wheels n Tyres

Post by BogSpek »

Hi mate, I have some 16 inch steelies on that my mate painted black for me. I have genera eurovan winter 2s on there, basically a very agressive winter tire, not as bad as a set of BFs
Youl get a bit of tyre rub on full lock when they are new but when a couple mm wear off Youl be grand.

That’s the generals, they’ve done me well. Probably put 15k on them and will likely get 20-25 before they are done. Might put a set of Bfs on after these.

Size is 215 65 16 for those generals

Here’s some bfs

I

theoldseacaptain
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by theoldseacaptain »

I too needed some extra ground clearance for farm tracks for a while and used 215 65 16 all terrain tyres from a Tiguan.

Changed speed impulse setting in the dash with vcds to overcome the larger rolling radius of the tyres which kept the Speedo accurate (well pretty much normal margin anyway)!
Nosmokingthecheese
Caddy2k Groupie

Excellent, muchos gracias

Jonhall
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Jonhall »

I’ve got 215/60r16 Yokohama Geolandar G900’s on mine as I was also looking for something less aggressive than a full on all terrain tyre.

Apparently, they were originally developed for the Subaru Forester and certainly seem to be at home on mucky lanes and tracks without being much of a drag on fuel

MkIV (2017) Caddy Maxi Highline 2.0TDi 150bhp DSG
Potcher85
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Potcher85 »

BogSpek wrote:Hi mate, I have some 16 inch steelies on that my mate painted black for me. I have genera eurovan winter 2s on there, basically a very agressive winter tire, not as bad as a set of BFs
Youl get a bit of tyre rub on full lock when they are new but when a couple mm wear off Youl be grand.

That’s the generals, they’ve done me well. Probably put 15k on them and will likely get 20-25 before they are done. Might put a set of Bfs on after these.

Size is 215 65 16 for those generals

Here’s some bfs

I

Looking to do similar with my caddy. Is the suspension on yours standard? Bought mine lowered, 18inch rims, low profile tyres but thinking I'll unflip the axle and swap the coilovers for decent stock shocks

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

2013 1.6 tdi C20 Startline Maxi
Ex Scottish Gas bluey
100k, original injectors, praying to the remap gods
BogSpek
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BogSpek »

Aye mate. Standard suspension. Youl need to lift it again. If you’re doing that job tho it might be worth putting the cheap poly lift kit on the caddy to get an inch or so more clearance. Especially in the front. It’s actually a good look for the van to lift the front and not the back as it levels the body out. The back arches clearance is marginally better with bigger tyres anyway. I ended up putting a really aggressive set of mud terrains on and rubbed the inside of the arches out with some dirt track mud snow drift sessions but it’s no big deal. My van is fully undersealed so I’m not worried about mud / salt ingress to anywhere sensitive. :)
BogSpek
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BogSpek »

Actually to be fair I did put bilstein b6 shocks on so the shocks are stiffer which probably helps with the extra body roll you get with larger tyres but there is no lift kit. Standard springs. I had bother with old leafs too at one point. Think someone installed a shit comfort leafs on the back designed for the caddy life so anytime I had 50kg + in the back i was utilising the bump stops too often for my liking. Life for a 4 motion bog spek caddy is slightly different in the highlands of Scotland compared to most places tho. :)
Nosmokingthecheese
Caddy2k Groupie

I can well imagine. I just want to have a good set of all terrains so I don’t look quite the bell end when I have to tackle farm tracks. Current setup is a set of big fake somethings on shitty tyres. And I just waiting on them failing when I head to a client

Treeman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Treeman »

If your on farm tracks regularly I'd suggest getting a sump guard, as the plastic tray is as help full as a plastic tray when it hits a rock, smashed my sump 2 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

BogSpek
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BogSpek »

Yes! Here’s a steel one for a reasonable price!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384454807857 ... media=COPY
Bountybob
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bountybob »

215/60/17 no rubbing fully loaded, rear Plastic arches had to be warmed up and modded to clear inner tyre. Excellent ride and quiet. Speedo near enough spot on.Image

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

:shock: Livin the maxi life!