Poor starting and rough idle on an sdi.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Stevjoe
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: Poor starting and rough idle on an sdi.

Post by Stevjoe »

Thought I’d tackle the injector seals today. The new injector bolts that came are a bit shorter than the ones that came out. Will this be a problem. Also I think the thread stripped on number 1 . I put the old bolt back in and that torqued up ok just about but think I may have a new problem. Any recommendations for some one near Leighton buzzard can sort it? Maybe helicoil the head? Anyone had this done and how much? ☹️☹️☹️
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The bolts are stretch spec so the old one will be slightly longer than any replacement.
The new bolt should get at least three turns before it starts to get tight, else you might need a thread repair on the head.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Stevjoe
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Stevjoe »

I think I will need a thread repair ☹️. Anyone had to do this ? I’ve got the correct bolt’s coming tomorrow so can get back together and start it up. I don’t think the bolt will hold.
Stevjoe
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Stevjoe »

Hi all. Just thought I would share an update on this. I used a helicoil kit to repair the damaged thread. K ok it it all back together and wow! It’s a different van. It starts first flick of the key every time and idles nice and smooth. Definitely worth the agro. 😁😁