Caddy life rear seat conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
TMB7XHR
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by TMB7XHR »

Hi,

I have just bought a mk3 swb caddy with a caddy life seat conversion done. One thing I have a problem with is that the rear seat footwells arnt right for the following reasons:

- carpet doesn’t seem to be correct
- footwells are really deep
- wiring loom exposed

Does anyone have the part numbers or know of anyone breaking/selling the correct parts to get this looking oem ..

I’d like to get it to look like the last couple of pictures attached. (Please ignore red circles)

Thankyou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Caddy life rear seat conversion

Post by Ryzar1 »

You would have to find a breakers that have rear carpet with the rear footwell compartment I’m pretty sure vw have discontinued them well that’s what I was told in a dealership in Australia I found the moulded carpet and that covers the wiring looms as well

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by robblowen »

It might be less hassle and cheaper to find touran rear carpets complete with the storage bins. They're slightly different to caddy life ones but fit well, it's what i fitted when I did my rear seat conversion.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TMB7XHR
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by TMB7XHR »

robblowen wrote:It might be less hassle and cheaper to find touran rear carpets complete with the storage bins. They're slightly different to caddy life ones but fit well, it's what i fitted when I did my rear seat conversion.

Did you use the touran carpets with caddy life seats or touran seats? The carpet looks slightly different to me, touran seats have that plastic cover that would cover up the exposed loom in my pictures above, where as caddy life’s don’t I think?

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by robblowen »

I've got caddy life rear seats, touran carpets front and rear, mk6 golf front seats on touran bases. If you check out my build thread you can see how well it all fits together, I chose to cover the bit under the rear seats with some 4 way stretch carpet but there is another piece from the touran that fits in I think. Have a look for a touran that's breaking dude, you'll get everything you need.

Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

You can get the caddy maxi kombi, rubber flooring and floor pocket compartments like in the picture, this goes up and sits up half way under the rear seats, this is what we did.
The other option is to get exactly the same but in carpet, which would have been fit in the life model,
They are all readily available through VW parts counter. That’s where I sourced mine. It all looks OEM as in your pictures.
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

I have caddy life seats with the rear footwell carpet plus storage boxes my carpet just covers the first row of seat rails though I still have to get the rest fitted with carpet

TMB7XHR
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by TMB7XHR »

@Ryzar1
What carpet and boxes did your use?

Last edited by Giddy on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

@TMB7XHR
If you read ryzar1s post you’ll notice he states he’s used caddy life seats, footwell carpet plus storage.
If you also read my post above I’ve told you the same thing
Alex mc
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Alex mc »

@ Katiecaddy im looking into tackling this rear seat install spring summer . Is the bar that needs to be welded in the same on caddy life and Touran or are they different do you know ? Any advise welcome so I can start foraging for parts .
The reason I ask is I’ve seen some who have done this with the double rear and one single rear seat and others have three singles which is the one I’m keen to get hold of and I’m guessing these are the Touran. Do you know if this is correct? What seats did you fit ? and did you fit Touran carpets with the storage below?

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

I’m not sure about the reinforcement plate but I’m pretty sure the floor fixings are different

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

I would post some photos but my caddy is at the mechanics at the moment as soon as I get it back I’ll post some up

Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

@alex Mc the 3 single seats are touran the double and single is the caddy life which are the ones I have

veedubd
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by veedubd »

Touran plate is different to caddy life, only 1 panel to spot weld in for caddy life, touran I believe there’s 2 parts.

Take a look at my life rear seat set up I have for sale atm it shows the plate that you need, link in eBay section of forum 👍
TMB7XHR
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by TMB7XHR »

I can’t see the for sale section at the moment waiting for the mods to approve me :)