Caddy 3.2 v6 conversion

Show off your caddy
Beggsy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Caddy 3.2 v6 conversion

Post by Beggsy »

@Lister79
Ok cheers bro I’ll look into it. As far is I can work out is an additional breather pipe the filler neck size and the charcoal canister and fuel filter are attached to the tank. My charcoal canister is in the oem Audi 3.2/ golf r32 position in the engine bay and I’ve mounted the fuel filter in the same location as the Audi filter was . If this is a safety issue I would definitely change the tank.

P.s where did you buy your tank from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Lister79 on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed, tag added and two posts combined to tidy up thread.
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Just trying to help mate. There seems a growing trend of bad advice about these fuel tanks going about, like I said it’s most likely coming from people trying to justify why they cut corners with their build, and make it the norm.
The fuel filter is mounted on the petrol tank (mounting built in) also filler neck incorporates an anti spill flap to prevent spillage in a roll scenario.
I got all my parts from TPS but LLL parts seem to be cheapest at the moment for bits.
You’ve done some cracking work with the install and Hef and Medwyn will sort your wiring, it just seems a shame not to finish it off right for a full factory level conversion.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Beggsy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Beggsy »

I really appreciate the advice, I cross referenced the drawings on the fuel tanks and came to the conclusion myself that it’s ok. And fed the lines etc as the Audi was.
Cool cheers for your help mate I’ll get that tank priced up. Just can’t wait to get it back now I have lots of little bits I want to crack on with.
Possibly a facelift front end also but I can’t make my mind up on that 1.

Last edited by Giddy on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
MvT
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by MvT »

Oh wow! I have been reading this topic with joy! I honestly though this would never fit into a Caddy as I was looking into some conversions too 2yrs back as my caddy seems to like oil a lot. I am more looking into the direction of a hybrid, but this is just sweet.

In the meantime I put in new piston rings and oil scrapers to control the oil with the current petrol and oil prices.

Will this pass MOT or would you need to re-register it?

Really nice work! Really looking forward how it finishes and how it drives! :)
Sean1066
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Sean1066 »

Awesome build there buddy it’s nice to see another R32 caddy.
When you get in and drive it for the first time you will have a grin from ear to ear. The sound of the VR6 3.2 is awesome. You will want to drive it all the time 😉
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
craigroco
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by craigroco »

Beggsy, did you ever complete the conversion ? I've got a notion to get an R32 into my van, just for the noise !