My blue caddy build thread

Show off your caddy
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: My blue caddy build thread

Post by Handyandy »

Thanks lads if it wasn't for the brother in law telling me what to do I wouldn't have attempted it it was nearly good bye van and look for another. The brother in law has been itching to get his hands dirty but just coming back from surgery on his wrist he can't touch it so it's all down on me with what I know and him filling in a lot of blanks
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Today's job was to strip the bits of the bottom end of mine and fit my diesel pump and alternator to the donor engine then just clean a load of parts and pipes ready to go back on as and when
Not the best place for cleaning parts but at least all the crud will disappear into the grass after decreasing and then taken to the sink to wash off and thoroughly dry ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Finally got the engine in with no issues and got it running (I'm saying no issues I forgot to connect up the cable plug for the water coolant sensor above the gearbox side so give out a few lights on the dash)but once connected and everything put back together all was good so everything has been washed and cleaned before going back in and just the bumper wheel arch liners and the wheels and it's back on the road yayyImageImage
Plus a new clutch while it was all apart made sense not to ImageImage

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Nice one mate. Bet you’ve learned a lot doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Sean1066
Hyper Poster

Post by Sean1066 »

Awesome work there buddy.
Was it nice to get stuck in and do it yourself
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

@sean it was nice to know I've done it myself with someone telling me whats what because I didn't have a clue on some of the components but at least it's back on the road again
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Just like to give a big thank you to @hef for the supply of a very low mileage engine which I used as the donor for my van
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Replaced the cambelt yesterday as I put it back together with the original oem tensioner that was on hef's block which was outside and felt a bit gritty So a new kit has gone in to give me peace of mind now
I didn't realise how much stuff had to be removed to get to the belt I ended taking out the diesel filter and some of the diesel pipes coolant bottle engine mounts on both the block and bodywork and a few other bits and pieces not only to get access but to see what I was doing I'm not saying it was an easy job to do especially being the first one I've replaced but rewarding knowing you've done it yourself
Next job is a full service including the cabin filter if I can find where it is
Also I've ordered some poly bushes for the front lower wishbones so they should arrive soon
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

New power washer and snow foam lance to replace the old
Definitely needed after Sahara sand fallImage it had only been cleaned a few days before ImageImageImage

Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Van all booked in for custom exhaust to be fitted on 22nd September can't wait original exhaust has just come to the end of its life
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

New custom exhaust fitted today well chuffed with it ImageImage

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I like the exhaust mate. Who did it?

Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

@swan a company called mpv performance they have a franchise with longlife exhausts I think they done a decent job plus the exhausts are guaranteed for life
Hopefully I will catch up with you tomorrow at Southport
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Ok mate, I’ll talk to you more about it tomorrow. You’ve just sewed a seed in my head there!

Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

My way of thinking was I could buy a standard backbox fitted for probably £150 and it last say 2 years before it needs replacing so why not buy a custom stainless Steel one with a guarantee that's going to last the life of the van and save some money in the long-term for future mods🤣