Side sliding door won’t lock...!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Rags110
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Side sliding door won’t lock...!

Post by Rags110 »

Went out today and locked me van just checked the sliding door and it wasn’t locked tried the remote a few times
No joy anyone any ideas......?
btb007car
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Side sliding door won’t lock...!

Post by btb007car »

Hi i have the same problem, i have spoken with my friend who is a VW mechanic and he has told me to check if any water has got in between the sensor,
two torx screws and D electrical connector is behind it.
btb007car
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by btb007car »

Hi solved my problem, check the inside handle to the sliding door, press the lock button from the inside , then try the remote to unlock, worked for me kind regards
Chrisc90
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Chrisc90 »

Sorry to dig up an old topic but I have this exact problem. The side door is showing as open when I'm driving but is definitely closed. It will unlock from the fob, but won't lock, I need to manually press the button inside the door. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be? I'm guessing it might not be the motor as the door unlocks correctly?

Thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That'll most likely be the side door switch causing your problem.
2004-2010 it's in the door pillar, 2010+ it is in the lock and passes through the contact block.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Chrisc90
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Chrisc90 »

Thanks doc, it's a 67 plate. Is there a DIY fix for it?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Depends entirely on what is wrong. The easiest thing to check is the contact plate and mating connector on the door and pillar, make sure that all positions are clean and in good condition.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
tristanjones29
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tristanjones29 »

Hi, did you ever fix this ? I have the exact same issue with my 18 plate. Thanks