Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
van cleef
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by van cleef »

Hi

I'm new to the site and I've had a good look around and seems a nice place to be.

I've been a 56 plate SDI caddy owner for for almost five years and I've ran it for around 80k miles.
It's been a little sick a week ago when the gear box ate its self from the inside, so I'm starting to look at the newer 10 plate onwards, possibly a 1.6 TDI 102.

My current Caddy is all fixed now with a reconditioned box and new clutch and it's running better than ever, so before I trade it in for another I was wondering if the mounting points are the same on the newer vans for the roof rack? as I have a heavy duty custom made rack on my van and I would of liked to change it over.

:D
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Newbie

Post by dubvan »

Welcome, bud. AFAIK the mounting points are the same, as long as you go for the same type of van, i.e if you have a SWB and you plan to upgrade to a newer SWB.

Jonesy :mrgreen:
van cleef
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: Newbie

Post by van cleef »

Thanks for that

I'm off to look at a newer van on Monday but today I tried to remove the roof rack but it's glued down to the mounting points as well as being bolted in. I can get the bolts out but the adhesive is rock hard and it looks like it's staying put for the new owner, it looks impossible to remove without damaging the paintwork.

I'll see if the dealer will shove a rack on the new van.

I'm looking forward to a new acquisition.