Hard starting in the morning?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
glx125m
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Hard starting in the morning?

Post by glx125m »

My caddy was not starting easy in the morning.. 30+ secs for starting up the engine.. I wondered myself what is the problem.. I bought many things (new fuel filter, new pick up fuel pump, new delivery pump - it was damaged already, and now I have my verdict...)
The O-rings on the PD injectors were fatally damaged. The pressurized fuel was going back to the tank through the return pipe as soon as the car had the engine switched off.
Here are some pics: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... addy%20BST
OldThumper
Caddy Fan

Re: Hard starting in the morning?

Post by OldThumper »

What model caddy do you have ,age ,mileage etc?
glx125m
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by glx125m »

2KZ Caddy MY 2007 BST engine (2.0 SDI) and 280k km, second hand from Germany
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Worn can followers are usually a sign of use on non PD oil but yours is only one.
Very strange wear on the cam shell bearings too, do you think it has had the camshaft off in the past for a bodge job repair?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
glx125m
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by glx125m »

The wear in the cam and the hydraulic tappet is from the presence of diesel in engine oil. The injectors' o rings are damaged and thus, diesel came up to the camshaft, mixing with oil, neglecting the effect of the oil itself. It was like water.

As far for the shells, when I was disassembled the engine down, the timing belt was tighten to hell, far from VW's specs.