Caddy Maxi - daily and camper build

Show off your caddy
cotwn
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Caddy Maxi - daily and camper build

Post by cotwn »

snuffegull wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:18 pm There seems to be a fair few Swedes here! I'm in the Uppsala area
As a newbie I am happy to see that a big part of south Sweden now are covered (Skåne, Västergötland and Uppland) . I inspires by both yours and poff”s threds :) .
Finally (April 2024) I found my Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDi (2KN (IV) 2016) where I eventually have the ambition to make a moveable mobile camping interior.

"A chance comes like a snail and disappears like a lightning"
Poffe
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Poffe »

Todays 5min job that took 6 hours to complete:

Rear torsion bar bushings. First two bolts snapped within the first 5 minutes. Last two came loose with some rust penetrating spray and a lot of heat.

Spent a long time trying to weld on some nuts to the broken bolts. When that failed I used a bolt extraction together with some heat. Ended up making the situation worse and snapped the extraction tool inside one of the bolts. Went back to welding and managed get them loose in the end.

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Caddy Maxi 1.6 TDI -2014. First time VW/Caddy owner, already deep in the rabbit hole

Caddy Maxi - daily and camper build
snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

Man what a stinker! I did this on mine a few weeks ago, and luckily only one snapped, and i got it out first try when welding a nut to it. but when that doesnt work its such a pain in the ass