Bagley’s Deep Black Pearl Mk4

Show off your caddy
BagleyCJX
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by BagleyCJX »

Hi all, I thought I’d start a build thread for the old girl. I intend building the perfect daily for me and my needs and hopefully some will find it as of interest.

So it’s a 2018 (68reg) mk4 in deep black pearl. 70k miles, 2.0 DFS 102hp engine. Manual gearbox. Starting line spec with plastic bumpers etc. It does have a single rear tailgate though, which is pretty much the only reason I bought this particular van! So not sure if this was spect at factory with this, as I would have thought it would only be the highlines with this option but I’m sure someone can fill me in. Factory reversing cam, multi functional steering wheel, again seems an odd spec for the trim level but then again I’m not expert.

Anyway I hope to build a fast little nimble van that I can enjoy driving whilst performing my daily tasks. I have a chain of garages so I’m always running in between and collecting parts etc.

Ultimate plan is the CJX swap it. I’ve read through a few builds on here and can see it’s a big task, but I’m willing to get stuck in, just will need the help of a select few on here to get it done. Fingers crossed I can get there.

Here’s a few pics of the van on BCA when I bid on it ImageImage

What a honey ay Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by BagleyCJX on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BagleyCJX
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BagleyCJX »

So I have already started a few mods. Firstly was a set of BC racing coilover kit. With adjustable damping rear shocks and shackle kit for axle over leaf. Didn’t get any pics of this as I wasn’t planning on doing a build doc but I will show more in the future.

Also my 18inch pro track wheels fit perfect, these are my wets from another project but couldn’t sit better imo. 235 40 18 Michelin PS4S’s all round.

Absolutely transformed the chassis Image just need another 300hp now Image

snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Bagley’s Deep Black Pearl Mk4

Post by snuffegull »

That looks great, perfect fitment imo
PJD
100BHP+

Post by PJD »

I have a 2017 Starline that has a mfsw and aircon. The original owner said that it was the standard spec. He did not have any extras fitted. Suggests that VW were adding some of the business pack options for free on the Startlne around that time.
BagleyCJX
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BagleyCJX »

@snuffegull thanks buddy

@PJD ahh okay. Mine hasn’t got aircon which I wish it had. Temped to swap it in when I have the dash out but we will see…