Hid kit fitment

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cr81g1987
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Hid kit fitment

Post by Cr81g1987 »

Hi guys n girls, what adapters would people recommend for putting hid kit on my 2005 caddy as I cant seem to find any to fit. Hope you guys can help 🤞
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Hid kit fitment

Post by fishynos72 »

We need to clarify what you're looking to achieve and how you want to go about it.

If you want to run factory Xenon's with the correct projector headlights in your 2005, then you will need 2 xenon headlights from the same year Volkswagen Touran. That gives you everything to mount and run factory xenon's.

To run them you'll need the wiring adaptors that can be purchased through Kufatec and some basic coding for them to work.

If you're looking to run aftermarket HID without the correct projector housing to suit them, then I would recommend the Osram H4 kit.
It's expensive but has correct beam pattern and built in shutters so you don't blind all other road users because you're not running the correct headlight.
How many is too many Volkswagens?
Jono1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jono1 »

If it’s just bulbs your changing 100% go for the more expensive. I’ve just fitted some cheap Chinese sh!t off eBay. Within 5 mins of driving at night everyone was flashing at me. I’d of easily lit up a football field. I got home, took them out and binned them.

Will be looking at the osram kit now and full headlight replacement in the future.

Also bear in mind I think it’s now an mot failure replacing bulb only? I may be wrong.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Yip, UK MOT failure if you fit HID lamps into headlights not designed for them.

Found this out last week when mine failed even though the beam pattern was correct. The tester also pointed out that the heat from the lamps was starting to mark/burn/melt/discolour the headlight lens.

Now back to good old fashioned Halogens for the next few months…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here