Caddy 5 options/upgrades - split from "2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information"

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
JimmyKombi
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by JimmyKombi »

Sportvan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 pm ...currently I’m having an argument with VW over the lack of a rain sensor, which, they deny is standard or even an option on the Pro spec!
Same, I have the DSG Commerce pro, I got to the bottom of it with TPs, they said that it is only fitted to vehichles with rear window and auto dip mirror, no rear window means no auto dim mirror which means no auto wipers.. shame as I too love everything about mine, it really pissed me off to not have auto wipers but pretty much every other gadget known to man!
Last edited by Giddy on Wed May 26, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced the quote
Sportvan
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Sportvan »

Interesting, I’ve got a tailgate and a solid bulkhead (WTF was VW thinking with that combination!)
I’ve been told by Volkswagen customer services that a rain sensor isn’t even an option on the new caddy! There is a Humidity sensor up there, so I would imagine getting the right sensor and coding it in should be possible.

I’ve covered just over 3k in the van now, and other the. The Volkswagens back pedalling after being caught out with the. Rain sensor issue the van is fantastic, it does seem to have a few issues tailgate creaking, and electrical glitches, but compared to the Mk4 it is a better all round, but then, that’s progress.
Last edited by Giddy on Wed May 26, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Current Caddy Commerce Pro SWB 120 DSG in Fortana Red

Previous: Caddy Highline SWB 150 DSG in Indium Grey
JimmyKombi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JimmyKombi »

Yes the rain sensor and humidity sensor fit in the housing 5Q0955559C which is the same as the golf one, TPS sent me the exploded diagram, mine has the space for it but has an in fill part sat in there, I am doing more work on it today so if i get time i will pop it open with the trim tool.

Currently I have removed the bulkhead and am in the process of trimming to shape it ready for carpet, I have soundproofed and insulated the rear I will be using a modified version the very reasonabley priced official VW ply lining which comes with a 9mm floor, think it cost me £100 for the lot, its like a price lottery at TPS :lol:
Sportvan
200BHP+

Post by Sportvan »

And have they confirmed that that sensor will work? I’ve got 2 different part numbers for the new caddy.

So far I’ve discovered the van has a humidity sensor behind the rear view, and that Volkswagen customer services are crap!

The auto lights appear to be done through the sunlight sensor at the base of the windscreen, but it’s control of the lights is crap at best!
Attachments
7BFC5B72-05CE-4F70-9552-D3DAA837627D.jpeg

Sportvan
200BHP+

Post by Sportvan »

JimmyKombi wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:21 pm Same, I have the DSG Commerce pro, I got to the bottom of it with TPs, they said that it is only fitted to vehichles with rear window and auto dip mirror, no rear window means no auto dim mirror which means no auto wipers.. shame as I too love everything about mine, it really pissed me off to not have auto wipers but pretty much every other gadget known to man!
Hi Jimmy, I’ve just started another post about the missing sensor.

You’re not a million miles from me either, (west Doset) so I might give you a shout to pop a stone dent out of my bonnet next time I’m down your way!

Jasons6930
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Jasons6930 »

Im just in the middle of speccing a new Caddy, and on the current configurator standard spec list for the pro it does list...

"Windshield wiper intermittent control with photosensor"

So, i am assuming they now come with auto wipers!

Having said that, i am trying to opt in for the Electric Aux heater, however, when doing so it says i must also have

Drivers side sliding door with power latch
Left Hand Drive
Passenger side sliding door with power latch.

First two are around £600 each and the last is just over £100.

And my dealer has no idea what 'left hand drive' is as an option.

:lol:

Ergo, Dont always believe what the website tells you!
Jasons6930
100BHP+

Post by Jasons6930 »

Well, as an update to this, it turns out the aux heater might be installed under the dash on the offside so there probably is'nt enough room for the steering wheel and stuff, which is the reason why it forces you to have an actual left hand drive vehicle.

Thats how i understand it anyway!
Sportvan
200BHP+

Post by Sportvan »

Good luck with auto wipers! VW have made it to boss level with feeding bullshit to customers, even customer services say it doesn’t have it.

Van is at the dealer at the moment, they have had it 4 weeks, one minute it should have auto wipers, the next it doesn’t! Trust me to buy a peasant spec Commerce Pro!

Also check, interior lights come on when unlocked with the remote, you c
Have coming home/leaving home lights etc. most of this basic stuff isn’t being enabled, which is where I’m loosing my shit with VW and the dealer!

Oh well 2500 miles up on their courtesy van!…….

Jasons6930
100BHP+

Post by Jasons6930 »

That does seem odd as most of the stuff is coded surely?

Especially the issues you are having.

Mind you, i bet they are pulling their hair out as i was given a delivery time of April 2022 at the earliest, so i reckon stuff is getting missed.
Jasons6930
100BHP+

Post by Jasons6930 »

@Sportvan
Just realised where you are based.
Is it VW Poole or Dorchester?
Last edited by Giddy on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the quote
Sportvan
200BHP+

Post by Sportvan »

SMV in Yeovil, still no interior lights on remote unlocking at night or CH/LH lights, it’s like half the van is still in transport mode ( they have checked and said it’s not) ultimately they (SMV) are tied to what the idiots at VW say, but before you accept it kick off if none of this stuff works! BTW still no auto wipers. They only had the van 4 weeks so perhaps I’m the problem and expecting too much!!!

Also, just been on you tube and discovered this. https://youtu.be/3DmLn_7T9Ss

Ford based transporter drivers are going to be well happy :lol:

Jasons6930
100BHP+

Post by Jasons6930 »

Wow, that is bad service tbf.

Did you say you went for a commerce pro?

What options did you spec on it?

Interior lights should come on when unlocked for sure, but ch/lh lights not so sure, as even the standard equipment list doesn't mention the function at all on that or the Life.

As for the wipers, as you know, with autolights, you got auto wipers and alongside that as the lights would come on auto in the day if the wipers were on auto and activated.

Checking the T6.1 the standard equipment mentions 'lights and vision package' which at a guess is the autowipers and CH/LH

Just out of interest, what does the owners manual say about the wipers and lights issue?
Sportvan
200BHP+

Post by Sportvan »

Yep, commerce pro, it has Climate, winter pack, led headlights, and tailgate, 17” wheels over the standard equipment and also it has the tech pack. Adaptive cruise etc.

No one knows Sweet FA, I can’t seem to code the van with VCDS either, otherwise I would just do it myself. It’s all there, just needs activating..

I’ve taken VW on about the intermittent wipers with photo sensor but they are just utterly clueless sheep!

The tech that worked on my van said he tried a few others and the rain sensing worked, to which I said how did you manage that when they don’t have a rain sensor!

If I could find a decent dealer it would be a miracle! Dorchester are useless and Poole don’t seem to have the best reputation either. SMV have always had a good rep, but that appears to have taken a plunge!

Sportvan
200BHP+

Post by Sportvan »

Owners manual, (both digital in the van and paper version) mention auto lights and wipers, the lights work via a sensor on the top of the dash, but even if you mention the manual, they just say it’s for other countries!

It needs more than one bloke in Dorset arguing with a frankly retarded customer service dept at vw and a dealer ship to get this resolved!

Jasons6930
100BHP+

Post by Jasons6930 »

Bizarre.

I have specced almost the same as you, but i wont be getting it until early '22 as the lead times have gone mad.

Did you say that the rain sensor is missing in yours and other vehicles the dealer has looked at, and it is located on the dash now and not at the top of the windscreen behind the mirror like previous gen?

I do know first hand that the main ECU's are coded in Germany, and then I think they are coded for each vehicle specs when they land in the UK.

If it hasn't been coded correctly at the factory to start with, no end of box ticking will get it to work as all the BCM's are ultimately controlled by the main ECU i think.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

Do you have factory LED lighting in the load area?