1.6TDI remap

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
HighlandBroomBroom
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: 1.6TDI remap

Post by HighlandBroomBroom »

Just a quick follow up on this post. I have had the map done from 75 to 148 bhp and what a difference.

The driving experience has really been improved. Going to look into the egr and dpf.
The cost for me in Scotland for the remap was £200 and worth every penny and the fuel consumption is about the same imo
Shelby13
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shelby13 »

Hi everyone a question for you!
The remap can damage the injector ??
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Some remapping companies claim they can prevent injector failure with their remap, which to me is impossible.
If they can indeed prevent the injector failure, logic would dictate the bad ones can in turn cause it to happen. Why they would I don't know.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
S22RBT
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by S22RBT »

HighlandBroomBroom wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:06 am ....The cost for me in Scotland for the remap was £200 and worth every penny and the fuel consumption is about the same imo
Where did you go in scotland for your remap mate?
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reduced the quote
HighlandBroomBroom
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by HighlandBroomBroom »

I'm in Inverness mate and the guy is: higgs tuning services he's on Facebook.
Came along to site while I was working in all honesty I thought the map was aggressive at start but as time has gone on it feels great.
Shelby13
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shelby13 »

Doc wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:07 pm Some remapping companies claim they can prevent injector failure with their remap, which to me is impossible.
If they can indeed prevent the injector failure, logic would dictate the bad ones can in turn cause it to happen. Why they would I don't know.
Okay! Thanks mate
G1L8313
Caddy Fan

Post by G1L8313 »

HighlandBroomBroom wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:06 am Just a quick follow up on this post. I have had the map done from 75 to 148 bhp and what a difference.

The driving experience has really been improved. Going to look into the egr and dpf.
The cost for me in Scotland for the remap was £200 and worth every penny and the fuel consumption is about the same imo
Literally the same as mine can’t believe how much of a difference it’s made
Baldspeed Racing
100BHP+

Post by Baldspeed Racing »

the EGR and DPF is another good step as not long had mine done. the engine flows or revs so much faster and the extra few horses is nice as well
Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

I had my 1.6tdi 75bhp remapped as the van didn't seem to have any power at all it's now roughly 145bhp once it hits about 1500rpm it's away and wants to keep on revving until you change gear it is also a lot more responsive when you put your foot down but if your like me i tend to keep my foot down so fuel consumption is a bit higher. My remap cost me about £250 a couple of years ago and the van has been fine ever since
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

I had a 102 and now have a 75 engi e both map to 145bhp. I've mapped approx 30 of the 1.6 caddys now and not had a problem.

EGR valve I'd definitely have mapped out personally unless your going to physically remove the internals of the DPF I'd leave that as it is as simply turning it off in the map and not gutting it will probably cause it to block up sooner.

If you do turn the EGR off you may notice the DPF regenerate slightly more often but it's nothing to worry about.

I usually charge £250 but I offer a 20% discount for forum members (£200) and it takes approx 2 hours. Also depending where you are in the country I can highly recommend DubUnit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
WoolvinePH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by WoolvinePH »

Hi mate, anywhere near Warrington?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

KyleAshdown
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by KyleAshdown »

Where does everyone go in the Southampton/south of england area for thier remaps? Not long bought a 1.6 but looking to have it done in the future.
Sam_G
Caddy Fan

Post by Sam_G »

I've had mine remapped and EGR deleted, but left the DPF installed. My 1.6 went into limp mode a few weeks ago and the came back with a faulty EGR. So that's why I had it remapped and EGR deleted.
I did ask about the DPF and what's best to do with it. The company said its worth leaving it in as long as you use good fuel (no brainer) and use a decent engine cleaner every few months the DPF should remain happy.

I was always in two minds whether or not to have DPF smashed out but with the MOT laws getting stricter as the years going on I decided to just leave it be. Van will run better though without it

My 1.6 was 102, now its 150ps and its lovely, highly recommend it. On paper you should get more mpg but as I've only had mine done a few weeks ago mine has dropped as I'm still enjoying the extra power but I'm sure if you drive like a normal human being on a normal day it may be more economical. I'm yet to prove this.

I live in South Wales, so the company I used was based in Newport called Gwent VW (GVW) and they are highly recommended

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

WoolvinePH wrote:Hi mate, anywhere near Warrington?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Sorry @WoolvinePH not been on for a while been mega busy. No near but not other side of the country either. I'm in Nottinghamshire just off of J28 M1

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
xxshepxx
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by xxshepxx »

HighlandBroomBroom wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:22 pm I'm in Inverness mate and the guy is: higgs tuning services he's on Facebook.
Came along to site while I was working in all honesty I thought the map was aggressive at start but as time has gone on it feels great.
1 for Higgs, he did my 2.0tdi caddy, the difference is unreal.