Widebody caddy 2k?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
amt1
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Widebody caddy 2k?

Post by amt1 »

That looks insane !! 8)
Darkus
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Darkus »

Id sell one of the wifes kidneys for one of those.
turbodcaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by turbodcaddy »

I can build it 2500
Caddy turbo for sale!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
turbodcaddy
100BHP+

Post by turbodcaddy »

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/bodykits-spo ... ouran.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
turbodcaddy
100BHP+

Post by turbodcaddy »

There's a front bumper link above Audi style for a Touran
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Doc wrote:Hmmm, LB Performance/RWB style kit would be wicked.
Except for the sliding door, you'd need to come up with a way of it sliding past extended arches.
@Doc ... do you have a link to these or any info on wide arches or anyone who has done this on the rear of a Caddy? I’m fairly confident (i think) I can get around the sliding door issue as i’ve already had success in making mine work with the 10” x 20” i have already on the back as you know. Any info or the benefit of your wisdom would be cool Doc thanksImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I've not seen it done Hef buddy, there are some universal arch kits but you an I both know you're van deserves more than than.
Full smoothed in boxy arches like the Audi Caddy render above I think would look best.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Yep! Universal isnt in mine or your vocabulary Doc haha so do it right or not at all! I’m taking the van for its 1st proper blast tonight before it comes in again to be put on the butchers block!

I do like the Quattro stale box arches but think I would have to do the front to match if i did that so possibly keep it in the style of the old RS4 bubble arch possibly but who knows where this will go once i start with the air saw lol ... keep you posted and cheers Doc bud

anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

V4NYU wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:45 pm That was something i had in my head aswell but because im new to the caddy scene i wasnt to sure about the sliding door maybe some sort of extended bump stop? Lol
You'd need to custom make some of the hinge parts, so that the door would open further away from the body. The door wouldn't open very far if you stopped it before it got to the arch.
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

I’d go for something like that C63 AMG style, the rendering which was going around a while ago looked amazing! There was also a rendering of a yellow one which was also amazing.

Ive seen 3 different wide arch caddy’s with my own eyes, all self built so fair play to them but all were absolute piles of shite when you look closely. I’m sure you can do it properly Hef.

There are some nice wide kits for other VW’s that you may be able to adapt, or at least modify and use? Depends what style you like I guess.

As for the sliding door, weld it up 😬
Instagram: @y_5cuf
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Cheers for your help Stu, I like a bit of welding but not that much haha ... but it is one solution for the side door rather than replace the whole quarter with a lhd panel like Dan has which is the correct way to blank it of course. Yes the C63 is another nice arch to cut and weld on so cheers for the suggestion buddy ... keep you posted mate

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

@anoneamus hi buddy, thanks for your text and help once again. Ive already fitted 10” x 20” rims on the back and modified my side door to slide comfortably past the rim. All the details are on one of my threads of how i did this should anyone want to fo such a mad thing ... so in theory i can modify my side door slightly more as my calculations are that I need a protrusion of 25mm to 30mm at its maximum curvature. So lets see what i can hammer and planish together lol

Thanks mate

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Gull wing hinge the side door? 😬
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

What a great ideal!!!! I’ll just pop in to mclaren to see if they’ve got some seconds in the skip

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Try Halfords first mate :lol: