Mk4 shop van [emoji226][emoji489]’s

Show off your caddy
Baggie131183
Caddy2k Groupie

Mk4 shop van [emoji226][emoji489]’s

Post by Baggie131183 »

So…. I’ve had the van since March 2020 just as we went into lockdown and bought it from Wolfsburg vans with just over 15k o the clock (currently just under 30k) The van is a 67 plate registered Jan 2018 and is a trendline.

I’ve been really happy with the van since owning and haven’t had any major issues other than the nox sensor failing 2 weeks after running out of warranty at 19k Image and me pissing about with the lights on vagcom which was throwing up the rear reverse light error even though it was working correctly. All sorted thanks to [mention]Doc [/mention] Image

I’ve had the nox mapped out now as I bought 2, one of which was the exact same code but didn’t fit the mounting points and the second was supposed to be the same code but they sent one with different letters at the end which meant that the cable was about 4” short….. hence having it mapped out Image

How it arrived.

First thing was to get it wet sanded and polished up Image

Next it was time to get it signed up for the shop and to get the plate fitted ImageImage

I used FLS ltd down in Lowestoft for the signage and they were spot on to deal with Image I went for the 3m reflective vinyl so that it stood out at night.

Next on the agenda was to have the tail lights tinted as well as the brake lights and reflectors.
I was warned the tail lights might bubble up due to the recess on them (which they did) but the brake light and reflectors should be ok.
I ended up pulling the vinyl off the lights in the end as it was bugging me Image
I also swapped the VW badge over to a gloss black one as well, and also had the rear glass to tinted.

I then bought a set of Tiguan Rline seats which I fitted to the original caddy bases, as when I used the Touran bases they sat way too high !
All it took was a couple of holes drilling to each base and a bit of metal taking off the rear of the seat runners.
The seats come with the trays on the back of them which comes in handy when the kids are in the back Image
The vans original seats had had some aftermarket heated pads fitted, so I used the cables to pin into the elements on the Rline seats. Made more sense to do that then try and find a set of controls and have the looms made up for them.

That was pretty much it until recently when I started buying parts for it Image
I’ve had enough of smashing the front splitter Image so have opted for the alltrack splitter.
The van isn’t even that low and it’s catching on driveways, so it’s time for it to go !
I’m planning on having the black abs plastic smoothed and coded to the van and the silver section painted in mk7 gold carbon grey just so that it doesn’t get lost with it being all black.

I’ve also bought some genuine tinted tears to go on, as well as a set of xenons.

I’m also getting rid of the sidebars on the van and have opted for the rdx skirts, as I’ve had enough of the scraping of the bars over speed humps !

I’ve bought a set of non motorised, heated caddy life mirrors as well which will be colour coded to the van.

And [mention]tommyzooom [/mention] has made me some looms up for a heated front screen and the RLS sensor.
I’ve bought the set of controls from a highline to get the screen coded into.
The front heated screen is being fitted on Tuesday and is costing £275 with fittings on it for the RLS

I’ve also got a PTC kit coming and have managed to find an auxiliary heater with code 1K0963235E which will be wired into the canbus ready for those winter days that are coming Image

I’ve just fitted the caddy life centre console as well.

The van is off up to Matt [mention]Dubunit [/mention]tomorrow for the cam belt and water pump and then it’s off back up to Wolfsburg in Feb to get carpeted.

I’ll hopefully get everything sorted over the next couple of months or so….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Baggie131183 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: Mk4 shop van [emoji226][emoji489]’s

Post by C Chis »

Wow! That’s a fair list of parts and things to do over the coming weeks!

Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Alex mc
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Alex mc »

That’s a nice van you have there mate . I have the same wheel on mines do you have much issues with rubbing . If you don’t mind me asking which hole on the rear hanger is your suspension.

Baggie131183
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Baggie131183 »

@C Chis
Thanks buddy, Yep ! I’ve got a bit to crack on with
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Baggie131183
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Baggie131183 »

@Alex mc
Thanks Alex I don’t have any issues with rubbing on the van, although I did have to have a new tyre fitted last year on the rear.
The size of the tyre was 235 35 19 the same as the rest, but it was a different brand (Avon) and it did rub on the arch liner when the van was loaded heavy.
I’ve recently changed to P zeros all round now at 225 35 19 which seam to sit better.
Not too sure on what hole the rears are set at, but I’ll take a look and get back to you
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Alex mc
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Alex mc »

@Baggie131183

Mines are 235/35/19 and are et 45 but think it’s down too low on rear the front is fine . The rear tyre has chewed a hole in the passenger’s side inner plastic arch and rubbed a bit of the paint away on the outer inside edge ( tyre side wall side ) I Noticed that when doing my brakes and my heart sank the plastic arch on the drivers side is going same way .Like you mine only rubs when it’s loaded up a little and on bumpy roads so I’m going to raise it back up a notch or two and sort the full rear suspension out . I would like to fit seats in the back and now considering dropping to 18s and trying to find a 7.5 wide wheel rather than my 19x8.5 I have the now.
But I might try the 225 tyres that’s a shout . That be greatly appreciated mate if you could I’m sure mines is down to low tbh .

Baggie131183
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Baggie131183 »

[mention]Alex mc [/mention]

This is how mine is set. But I think switching to 225 will help.
Like I said before, the 235 Avon I put on did the same to my arch liner. Luckily it didn’t rub on the arch and take any paint off Image