GeeDub SQ daily driver

Show off your caddy
Cooney28
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: GeeDub SQ daily driver

Post by Cooney28 »

Hi, looks like a great build so far, thinking of doing a similar thing myself . Where did you get wiring diagrams and ECU pinouts if you mind me asking ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

TheGee
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by TheGee »

Thanks :D I made all the diagrams i needed from comparing between cars and listing everything out beforehand. I changed the full loom over too so everything from the Touran went into the Caddy & then altered from there to what I needed. It's a big job but if you figure out your end goal first and do the prep work right beforehand you'll be fine 8)
Instagram @geedubcaddy

New build thread >>HERE<<
jamiecooke
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by jamiecooke »

This is an awesome build series - looking forward to seeing the final results

Random question about the wiring looms - do you happen to know where the ambient air temp sensor on a caddy wires back to? I’ve got a short to + somewhere in mine and can’t for the life of me find a wiring diagram to cover it!
If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

Thanks
From memory it’s behind the bumper on the passenger side & runs directly to the ecu. Have you tried a new sensor? checked for corrosion on the terminals? Checked the earth terminal under the air filter etc?

Striving for the perfect excess
Instagram @geedubcaddy

TheGee
100BHP+

GeeDub SQ daily driver

Post by TheGee »

So a few little update bits, I've since relocated and filled in the CDL button from the drivers door & re-relocated it to the roof…along with the mirror button, pdc panel, and headlight switch, so the only remaining switches in the driver door are the 2 windows 8) The bulb warnings for all the lights are now solved with zero errors and while I was in there I rewired the rear tail lights to run as DRL’s and tied them in with with the fronts. The washer fluid level sensor, outward windscreen wipers, heated spray jets, door handle leds, mood lights, trial position puddle lights, full loom adaptation completed, and 20 other little jobs are done and working, the electric barn door release I had working I've now scrapped for a possible oem camera
option which should be a simple bolt in test fit once the parts turn up. Annoyingly, most mini projects are half way through because I'm waiting on parts and I can’t start the larger projects until the little ones are done.
I'll put up details of the drivers door wiring etc once I decode my notes roll: as with the electric barn door release. My main project of deadening and soundproofing the bulkhead is done tho so the heater box is now securely back in it's place so I can have the engine running etc and the dash bolted in place for a while.

So, bare bulkhead….clean it to death with acetone or the mat won’t adhere properly. Vital step 1
Fill and seal all the gaps, curves, and craters, with 1.8mm deadening (the orange stuff) to get as flat a surface as possible across the whole bulkhead. This takes a LONG time (5 hours) but it’s a vital step 2.

Next, a new product from Silent Coat, a 5mm multi layer mat. It has a 1mm layer of mass loaded vinyl beneath the aluminium skin & is purely designed for floors and bulkheads. It’s very very stiff hence in part the importance of step 2

Now I have a deadened panel….time to template for the soundproofing. Again, take the time to make it perfect and build the template to the size of your material. This took 2 hours.

I’m using Dodo Sound Stopper Pro V2, another new product due for release in April. This is a 14mm thick multi layer roll of hell! But, it has since won me over because it REALLY works well. It only works against flat panels tho so keep that in mind.

All edges and joints are double sealed with aluminium foil tape and black gaffer tape….the gaffer tape I used purely because the polyurethane layer is black and I couldn’t deal with the silver tape showing Image

All in all it took me 12 hours but that’s including coffee breaks and tantrum time. Image

Instagram @geedubcaddy

TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

I did some knobing around today Image I had to do something other than deadening and soundproofing Image

A simple swap over revealed the new knob sits WAY higher than the caddy one. The knob couldn’t sit any lower because of its design so out came the Dremel and off came about 2” of gear stick Image

I wasn’t measuring anything, just getting it as low as I could. Thankfully the perfect height was the lowest it can go Image

One Golf R knob Image tatty but perfect for my needs as I’ll be re-trimming the whole thing anyway Image

Instagram @geedubcaddy

R22LRM
200BHP+

Post by R22LRM »

Sound deadening next level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

A little tip for anyone deadening, use the paper backing from a sheet you’ve already laid to make a template for the next sheet Image

Here I’m working on the top of the dash panel below the windscreen which is like a tin can even with the factory deadening mat! Although now it’s more like concrete Image

The little strips on the left are 2mm filler strips I always use between the panel ridges to flatten the surface out before laying the 5mm.

Use the paper backing from the previous sheet for the perfect template.

Done Image

Instagram @geedubcaddy

TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

In other news, the golf mk7.5 headlight mod I’d hoped for are an impossibility, for me at least. So, seeing as I’d almost killed 2 sets of headlights to death I bought some upgrade internals and am now building a sort of OEM/Aftermarket hybrid HID system I call Frankenlights ImageImage

If you’re planning building your own headlights, my advice? Pay a professional Image

Instagram @geedubcaddy

TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

So the final iteration of my damn headlights is done! Full mat black out stealth, sequential indicators, and slightly jiggled wiring so the halo ring is my one and only DRL with the inside pair of projectors are main beam only. I discovered it’s also highly illegal to have non-white sidelights so the devil eyes are now under bluetooth control.

Hopefully they pass MOT! Image

Instagram @geedubcaddy

ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

great work
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Budd thats a shame about headlights… i did have that idea too

Seen a guy on insta who must changed the wings to allow hin to have mk7
Headlights

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Lv0W3HxTc ... ptaDgwYWM5

Maybe worth trying to just put the mk7 in ?
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

toilettfsi thanks buddy and thanks for the link Gman

This is my old van tho which has been moved on. I’m now on the white one in a different build thread The lights are now all finished and are completely different to these. They’re not fitted yet tho as it’s going in for a full respray in April so everything on the outside will be swapped over then as I’m never too keen on repeatedly disassembling things
Instagram @geedubcaddy

Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Yeah budd i checked it out your a man if many talents 😂