Adblue

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tonksy26
Caddy2k Groupie

Adblue

Post by Tonksy26 »

My caddy has come up with the warning for needing ad blue. I’ve never had a vehicle that’s needed it before.

Will any brand of adblue be ok ? Also is there a way to find out exactly how much I need to top it up by ? I know how many I have left before it runs out but does it say how much to top it up with anywhere ?

Thanks
naylar
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Re: Adblue

Post by naylar »

I haven't had to fill the Caddy yet but recently filled our Crafter and that told me how much to add, guess the Caddy doesn't do that? I know the filler is under the bonnet so would it not be a car of filling like you would the screen wash?
Wes
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Wes »

My advice is don't buy from petrol station as they tend to be in direct sunlight.
This causes crystallisation of the adblue which will damage the system.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Fat Eric
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Fat Eric »

I bought a 5l bottle from VW.

It should tell you on the display how much to add, I would guess it would be 5l the same as mine.

If anything it might be better to slightly under fill it rather than over fill it as over filling can apparently cause issues.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I was talking about this very thing with my mate who runs a local garage yesterday as mine says only 1500 miles left, I mentioned I had read over filling causes the sensor to go faulty and he said that's bollocks and after a quick chat I've got to say I believe him.
He fills them up until over flowing everytime without issue.
He says the problem comes when people run them dry then the sensor/system needs resetting with vcds.
5 minutes walk away from me is the main distributor for ad blue in this country, tankers and tankers going out everyday, i asked in their reception about refilling as well and they said they wouldn't officially give any advice especially for a specific vehicle but they said they fill up their caddy until it overflows as well.

However do what you think is right, the handbook says how much it holds and how to refill.

It says refill at least the quantity mentioned on the dash, if using a filler bottle it's full when it will take no more, if using another container it says refill to the marked level. It does say do not overfill.
It says it holds 9 l
This is for a 2.0l tdi I don't know if other models vary, check your handbook to be sure.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
AlwynMike
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by AlwynMike »

10 litres Adblue at Aldi for £8.99