2008 Maxi Life Washer Jets (VCDS LOG)

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 2008 Maxi Life Washer Jets (VCDS LOG)

Post by Papa Bear »

If the relay isn’t clicking and you have already swapped it (presumably for a known good one), it points to no power going through the relay. Checking the earth and power signal to the relay would be first thing to check. Someone on here will know which pin is which hopefully.
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The fault description posted earlier points to a problem between the control module and the relay. Maybe take the battery lead off for a minute to force a hard reset.

The stalk switches can be monitored in steering wheel control module measuring blocks.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Interesting development.... I say interesting, it isn't... it is REALLY F**KING ANNOYING!

Anyhooooowwww.....

The wipers stopped working when the car was at a standstill weirdly, but seemed to be fine when driving!?

So I opted to change out the stalk and both the 404 relays for known working ones, but still no joy!

I do need to test the power from the switch to the relay, but unsure of which pins are which, so will have to search that out.

However, this would sound like some loose, dodgy wiring somewhere, perhaps an earth playing up?

Are there any known earth points on the Caddy that would be worth searching out first?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If your wipers are working when driving but not when stationery, I'll bet your bonnet switch is faulty.
Above the right hand side headlight, you'll find a plug and socket, undo it and see if that solves your problem.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Shall do that next, thanks @doc
Last edited by Doc on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

My wipers change from full to intermittent when stopped at lights etc, are yours stopping completely or just not giving them time to go again on intermittent?
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Doc wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm If your wipers are working when driving but not when stationery, I'll bet your bonnet switch is faulty.
Above the right hand side headlight, you'll find a plug and socket, undo it and see if that solves your problem.
This sorted the wipers when stationery issue out thanks!

Back to the washer conundrum now :lol:
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Papa Bear wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:21 pm My wipers change from full to intermittent when stopped at lights etc, are yours stopping completely or just not giving them time to go again on intermittent?
Sounds like you have rain sensitive wipers on yours?

Mine aren't that clever, I mean they are just sensitive about being what they should identify as... they barely even work, so doing anything more is asking too much of the little sh*ts! :D
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

No rls installed yet. I believe it’s just coding as wipers often don’t need to be on as much when stationary as opposed to when driving.
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
djandyk
200BHP+

Post by djandyk »

Hi did you get to the bottom of this i have the same issue and done relays swaps etc i just need to check
power from module to relay now let me know how you got on please before i break it up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk