Android head unit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Android head unit

Post by Ripley55 »

I've just recently fitted the Xtrons to my VW EOS,

OBD with the switch works fine :D doors are the wrong way round :roll: and although I have no reverse camera only rear sensors, the picture of the vehicle and radar distances comes up on the screen :P

Hopefully you can confirm the fix for the doors @Fluxxy91 ? ;)

PS : Using Agama Car Launcher App for screen
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Gary.8 »

@Ripley55 to change the door settings You need to go into factory settings (code is 126) go to canbus and you will see menu for door swap.

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

@Gary.8

Cheers mate, will have a look ;)
EDIT just went out in my lunch break :lol: and tried it, found the door, had 3 options Normal/Swap/Hide. Chose swap and tapped Apply, the machine did a quick re-boot and hey presto sorted :D
My OCD is much much better now :lol:
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
lubonaga
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by lubonaga »

@T-Kaddy
Thank you, just ordered mine :mrgreen:
Last edited by dan@biali on Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted quote
Fatbloke-Dim
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Fatbloke-Dim »

Fluxxy91

]Don't know the model of Extron unit I have, and it's not on the 'manual' that came with it. It's a sad joke and a waste of a bit of paper that could have been better utilised for the war effort The DAB antenna is fitted, as that was the solereason I fitted the unit. Radio 4 Extra, y'see.
Not interested in music,won't countenance anything Apple on principle, and streaming is , to me at least , a chocolate fireguard. I'll stick with me MP3 files of me ripped CD's
. Will give that Waze a go , most likely. I have tried to reinstall the crap nav app that shipped with the unit, but no joy.Next thing before Waze, I think Ill dump the nav app to my PC, then re format the sd card and put the crapapp back
. Think the crap thing is Kudos navigator. I I could read whatever flavour of Chinese the error message is in , I might get a clue why it crashes so much ! At least the DAB works, and the screen shows my backup camera , so not a total loss. The big kick in the pants is the apparent lack of customer support.
Bob Rambo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bob Rambo »

Ok so I got a 2016 Caddy with navi and the OEM rear camera. I am having some annoying issues with the screen as the middle area doesn't take any swipes or presses at all. I am looking for options to either fix the current issue (touch screen replace?) or upgrade the unit completely.

If I understand correctly, the aftermarket Android units have been succesfully installed in 2016- Caddy's but it's not plug n play like with the older models? What's the best and easiest unit to acquire here?

Cheers
BeatMaster
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by BeatMaster »

T-Kaddy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:25 pm @Fluxxy91, once again thank you for the help buddy.

It's in, it's working but I think my old camera is stuffed, will try a new one some time. Still a couple of quirks (so far) you may be able to help me with (worra pest!).

The car interface shows the wrong door open, right should be left - any clues?
The NAVI button and the Navi icon both start up the pre-installed Torque app! - any ideas?

wrongdooropen.jpg
I’m looking at the same headunit and was wondering how you were finding it now that you’ve had it installed for a little while.

How long does it take to boot? I know some units are near instant on but others can be 30s+. Does it different between hot and cold starts?

Does it have wireless Apple CarPlay or wired-only?

I’m after the physical buttons as easier to turn the volume up/down or skip tracks compared to touch sensitive buttons. Which means there’s only a couple of options available.

Thanks in advance :D