Coming home lights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Coming home lights

Post by Azz03 »

Alright people I’m just wondering if it’s possible to set up the coming home lights mod on my 08 plate. I have got vcds just not sure how to do it if it’s possible. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Coming home lights

Post by cactusgreen »

Try a flick of high beam after the keys out but before you open the door, that puts mine on
Rear ended and killed :cry: 1.9 TDi DSG indian blue wrapped in slightly darker blue lol, now replaced with a new Highline 1.6 TDi DSG bit naked without the logos yet - rather fun but not quite my Audi S4, but makes me smile as much as my 2.6e 80 Cabriolet!!
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I just found this by myself by accident a few days ago lol.
I had to flick main beam again to check it was what I thought it was.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

What year are both your vans and did you not code anything for it to work? I want mine to come on when I unlock the van and when I turn engine off and open door they come on whether this is possible or not I don’t know lol I already have the auto light switch and sensor

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Mines a 2016 highline, I've not done any coding yet. It just does as already explained, flash the main beam stalk when exiting and the headlights come on for a few minutes after leaving the van.
I haven't played with my vcds yet so don't know if what you want is possible but it seems a reasonable request on paper.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Scoobysrt [/mention] ahh a lot newer than mine then as mines an 08 plate. I’ll have a go tomorrow with vcds as I’ve googled it and it’s pretty straight forward. Cheers

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Lol I've just googled it as well, seems you can do exactly what you want no problem, good luck.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Scoobysrt [/mention] cheers mate will post once I’ve sorted as I’m trying to sort out auto lights as well already have the switch just got to sort the rest.

Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Scoobysrt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:42 pm Mines a 2016 highline, I've not done any coding yet. It just does as already explained, flash the main beam stalk when exiting and the headlights come on for a few minutes after leaving the van.
Did you check your MFD menu? You should be able to turn on the 'coming home' and 'leaving home' lights from the MFD menu in Caddy 4 highline. I have those options in mine from factory.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by McCaddyGascar »

I flashed mine tonight after seeing this thread. All I done was illuminate the neighbours cat who was startled with a quick flash... Don't think mine has it. 15 plate Highline.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Giddy,
MFD meaning the display between the clocks? I've not really played with it, pressed the buttons on the stalk a few times when I got it and it just showed milage etc nothing like what's mentioned on here not even a picture of the van showing which doors are open, it's something I was going to look at with my vcds when I get round to it.

Mccaddygascar,
You flash once when engine turned off, they flash and go out but when you exit vehicle and lock it the lights come on or at least I think that's how mine worked.
Giddy
Hyper Poster

Post by Giddy »

@Scoobysrt sounds like you have a midline instrument cluster. Maybe these functions are only available in later mk4's, like mid 2017 onward, when they fitted more stuff as standard.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Scoobysrt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Mccaddygascar,
You flash once when engine turned off, they flash and go out but when you exit vehicle and lock it the lights come on or at least I think that's how mine worked.
Ah, thanks. I'll check tomorrow if it's the same.
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

May be of use

http://www.vwgolf.org/coming_home_and_l ... 2e5998.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]petrev [/mention] I found this one myself while doing a bit of Googling but couldn’t actually find what year vehicles this would work on without coding. I’m going to have a play with vcds today see what I can do.