Audiofrog g60s speaker kit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doom906
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Audiofrog g60s speaker kit

Post by Doom906 »

Hello has anyone installed the audiofrog g60s speakers from skipton car radio? It says it is their top spec kit for £350.
Don't know how much better these will sound compared to the other options on their site.
What speakers have you installed?
Thanks.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Audiofrog g60s speaker kit

Post by Doc »

Wow, that's a lot of money for a set of speakers, I've never even heard of Audiofrog.
I used Audison APK165 as have a lot of guys on the forum. They are not the top spec from Audison but with that said Audison have been in the top tier of the industry for quite some time now. Their top spec equipment is studio spec so not something that everyone will need in a vehicle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doom906
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Doom906 »

Nice will have a Google for those, did you notice a lot of difference compared to standard?
Also are the dash speakers easy to fit mine doesn't have any in at the moment.
Doom906
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Doom906 »

Does anyone know how to route the tweeters through the dash?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I just came off the a-pillar socket and straight up to the dash speakers. The front speaker wiring is there to go out to the doors so simple to branch off.

On your earlier question, the Audison are a huge improvement over the standard speakers.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
donnielee
100BHP+

Post by donnielee »

those are some sweet speakers the guy that makes them used to work for work for jbl for like forever designing and making all sorts of stereo equipment i could go on and on about his engineering skill and reputation but u could readup on him urself topshelf workman ship
Doom906
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Doom906 »

I figured how to wire the tweeters in now I gotta figure out how to get the wires through the dash any tips? Do you have to take any of the dash off?
I ended up getting the audiofrogs, sound very good with clean bass.
Are you running an amp on your audisons or just through the head unit?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Just straight off my head unit for the Audison, I've got a solid bulkhead so it's plenty loud enough for the small cabin.

Doom906
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Doom906 »

Got the tweeters in music sounds so much clearer big improvement over standard
donnielee
100BHP+

Post by donnielee »

glad to see you went with frog,you wont be sorry
TheGee
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by TheGee »

Audiofrog are excellent speakers especially the subs. You can run the fronts from the head unit but to get the best out of them definitely consider putting a good quality 100w amp on them, the difference will be amazing
Instagram @geedubcaddy

New build thread >>HERE<<
Jack1991
Caddy Fan

Post by Jack1991 »

@Doom906
How did you run the cables from the tweeters in the dash to the amplifier or head unit? Did you have to take the dash apart? Looking at it yesterday looks pretty awkward.

Ill be fitting components in the near future so just trying to clue myself up beforehand.
Last edited by Giddy on Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
Buffey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Buffey »

Hey all :)

Sorry to bump this thread but i'm also looking for information on routing a wire to the tweeters, as mentioned above. I purchased a kit that came with tweeters and the crossover stuff but can't see any obvious way to get the wires from the headunit to the dash speakers. Is it a case of taking the whole dash out or is there an easier way? Any help would be appreciated :D :D
mangrovejack
100BHP+

Post by mangrovejack »

For the passenger side, just remove your glovebox and there's plenty of routing options. Steering wheel side is arguably easier as it's all exposed underneath.
Buffey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Buffey »

Thanks for the reply!

I did it last night, pretty straight forward with some patience to thread wires through. For anyone else that might read this in the future, I popped out some plastic panels from under the steering wheel/to the right side (after removing some torx screws), this have plent of room to route the cable. When routing from the tweeter hole, I threaded it back towards myself, if that makes sense. The otherside was much the same, glovebox our with 6 screws and the same process as before :)