People with BC Coilovers…. Opinions please

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
allanwarnock
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

People with BC Coilovers…. Opinions please

Post by allanwarnock »

I’m looking at buying a set of BC coilovers for the van. The question is, which model is the best suited?
I don’t drive it hard at all, but I want it to look spot on. And I would like comfort over race mode!! There’s the entry level V1’s at $1399 then the BR-RS kit, BR-RA kit which are $1549, then the tops spec RM-MA kit which is $1749 (all Australian dollars)

Anyone know anything or a lot about these kits?

All help appreciated
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Re: People with BC Coilovers…. Opinions please

Post by Azz03 »

The BR - series is the most common fitted to other vans I know of in the uk and they all say it’s the best money spent on suspension as it’s responsive when it needs to be also a comfy ride. Currently around £900 for the full kit in the uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allanwarnock
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by allanwarnock »

Azz03 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:08 pm The BR - series is the most common fitted to other vans I know of in the uk and they all say it’s the best money spent on suspension as it’s responsive when it needs to be also a comfy ride. Currently around £900 for the full kit in the uk.

Thanks for that. Have you been in a caddy with the BR kit fitted?? If so, did you find it comfortable?? Or still a little crashy??
I see there are 30 adjustment settings, so I could always just wind it round to super soft and see how I go.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Yes, two of my mates run bc coilovers one has a tfsi lump in his and pretty quick drives it like he’s stolen it half the time and it handles well and doesn’t feel crashy at all even when driving slow and where we live it’s full of speed bumps and shite roads with loads of potholes.

allanwarnock
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by allanwarnock »

Azz03 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:54 am Yes, two of my mates run bc coilovers one has a tfsi lump in his and pretty quick drives it like he’s stolen it half the time and it handles well and doesn’t feel crashy at all even when driving slow and where we live it’s full of speed bumps and shite roads with loads of potholes.

Can you ask/find out if it is the RA coilovers they have? Thanks again
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Iv had the BR kit fitted for nearly 4 years now. Overall Iv been really happy with them, though the rear shocks are now gone and need replacing , the back has become very bouncy

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]allanwarnock [/mention] they have the br kits fitted to their vans it’s the most common set up people fit to the caddy from the bc racing coilovers