My new caddy

Show off your caddy
snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: My new caddy

Post by snuffegull »

So, today ADHD kicked in big time and i ended up ripping the rear axle out and started fixing the rear wheel wells instead of working on the doors as planned :? :lol: But it has been on the to do list all along anyway, so might aswell get it over with.

I will fully restore the entire rear end after this season is over. Would have loved to get it done now while its out, but i dont have the funds or time to do everything at once :lol:

Made a right mess of this prep bay cleaning these up haha, seam sealer, crusty flakes and blasting media everywhere. got some tidying up to do once its back on its wheels

Dropped the tank to get full access on the left side, and that added another thing on the shopping list, tank straps, these are knackered, kinda expected then to be honestly
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Inside of the hood in etch

Wheel wells in etch

Seam sealed

2k chip guard

semi gloss black Selemix PU

Back together, and that was not fun to do alone :shock: :lol:

I should really do the front wells also before the main paintjob
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

That is going to be one clean caddy
Like wat you did with the arches mate fair play.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Thank you!

I plan on giving the front arches and the backside of the sill flanges the same treatment before the main paintjob also, will probably tackle it next weekend. Until then i'm trying to get some progress on the small bits every day after work for an hour or two at least
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Started fixing the new rear door i got a hold of a while ago, it had been in stock for too long and was getting written off and headed for the skip, so i saved it! Had some minor dings from storage but otherwise mint

had a nice little early 2k in for crash damage today :) It has rust in all the same spots as mine haha

got it all measured up and drilled for my sportline spoiler
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Some progress today.
took this wing down to mostly bare metal as the old paint under the most current paintjob felt all kinds of dodgy and flaking, didnt want to risk issues down the line.. Hope to have a few more panels in primer tomorrow if i have enough time to finish prepping them.

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]snuffegull [/mention] some work going into this mate fair play I’d love to do something like this but putting it all back together would be my only nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaroslaav_
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by jaroslaav_ »

Beautiful work mate, van is going to be on another level 8) like the parts you picked and also the cat :D
2020 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0TDi - Pure Grey
My little humble build thread: https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54170
snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Azz03 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm [mention]snuffegull[/mention] some work going into this mate fair play Image I’d love to do something like this but putting it all back together would be my only nightmare Image

Thank you! Dont worry about it, these vans are like adult legos to work on ;) I have probably worked on hundreds of 2k's over the years though, but i understand why it can seem like a daunting task for someone who hasnt!

jaroslaav_ wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 am Beautiful work mate, van is going to be on another level 8) like the parts you picked and also the cat :D
thanks a lot!
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]snuffegull [/mention] I’ve done my fair share of putting cars bikes vans etc back together and some I’ve enjoyed others not so much, it’s when there’s loads of parts and panels to remove it’s remembering what went where as some things get started and don’t get finished for a while due to having very little time but it’s all fun to do either way. If you’ve worked on loads of caddy’s you’ll definitely know your way around them then

snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

I see! I have worked at authorized VAG shops for 8 years.

Todays progress

Gave the door hinges another coat as a few spots had poor coverage

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Is this a sneak peak of the finished colour or is this a primer?

snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

Its just epoxy primer, the brand i'm using has this funky mustard yellow hue to it :lol:
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

I kinda like it not seen a caddy this colour before. Least you know you won’t miss any bits due to the colour lol

snuffegull
100BHP+

Post by snuffegull »

I guess it could kinda work with the right theme!

My local breaker had a decent condition drivers door that i snagged yesterday, stripped it to bare metal due to the usual vw blisters in the galvanizing

A bunch of damage on this one, and old repairs :evil: ended up having to bondo the entire thing under the reg plate recess

got this one seam sealed, so its nearly ready for final paint